|Date Posted||28th October 2019|
|Never Expire||Never Expire|
Operations Coordinator: Once in a career opportunity: be on the front line to help improve healthcare for society’s elderly and vulnerable.
We are looking for a new teammate to join the team. As Operations Coordinator, you’ll gain experience of the various aspects of hardware installation, software delivery and stakeholder management involved in implementing the Digital Care Assistant.
What we're looking for
Whilst there is a key set of skills we are looking for, most importantly we want someone who is truly passionate about helping nurses and healthcare assistants get the full benefits of our technology in caring for their patients. This role requires a strong desire to help people, strong empathy and active listening skills. Previous experience in a clinical or care environment would be advantageous but not necessary.
• Hungry to learn and to develop your career?
• Highly organised with a ‘can do’ attitude and the ability to successfully support multiple projects at one time?
• Able quickly to build rapport and trust - an excellent communicator?
• Someone who loves being part of a high-performing team
• Highly driven and resilient?
• Able to write clear, professional English?
• Experienced in using the Microsoft Office suite of programmes?
•Passionate to help nurses and other caring professionals take even better care of their patients and other vulnerable people?
• Previous project management/support experience would be advantageous
•Please note that, like the whole team, you will be required to undertake a DBS check if you do not already hold valid clearance.
Your responsibilities will be varied including organising and coordinating installations internally and externally, drafting critical documents and dealing with customer enquiries. Crucially, you’ll help to enable and maintain strong relationships with our customers and delivery partners. That means you’ll play an important role in helping our business to continue to grow quickly.
• You will support the planning and scheduling of new installations, and help to monitor progress once they are underway
•You will support the engineers in drafting customer-facing documents, including site survey questionnaires and installation plans
• You will help to coordinate installation logistics, including hardware deliveries, engineer availability, security clearances and travel arrangements
• You will communicate directly with customers and contractors to provide updates on progress throughout the installation
• You will be involved in responding to operational issues and customer service issues which require engineer support
• You will become the heart of our busy delivery team – keeping everything running smoothly and on track!
Our offer to you
This is an opportunity to gain practical experience from a hugely experienced and entrepreneurial team. This role could set you up to deliver your potential in a way very few businesses could.
Specifically, we’ll offer:
- Competitive salary base & bonus scheme
- 25 days of annual leave with the ability to purchase more
- Group personal pension and life assurance
- Flexible working environment
- Strong growth opportunities (individual and at team’s quarterly developmental offsites)
- Tuesday lunch, great coffee and snacks
- Working in a leading healthcare start-up with an entrepreneurial culture and strong team spirit
We help clinicians, carers and custodians care for society’s most vulnerable people. We have secured the world's first medical device certification for software enabling an optical sensor remotely to measure pulse rate and breathing rate totally contact free. We can also monitor human activity, behaviours and safety.
At a time when staff feel overwhelmed and the ageing population and rise of chronic conditions is placing an unprecedented burden on healthcare systems, we are providing the NHS and other payors with clinically validated digital team mates that support the irreplaceable work of expert frontline staff so they can deliver ever safer & more effective care in an increasing cost-effective way.
Our technology is an assistant for when they can’t be there, paying attention to every room they are supervising. We have secured the world's first medical device certification for software enabling an optical sensor remotely. We can compute heart rate and breathing rate totally contact free, using standard digital cameras, with medical grade accuracy. We can also monitor human activity, behaviours and safety. Oxehealth is used by mental health nurses looking after dementia patients, psychiatrists treating patients in crisis, care home staff supporting the elderly and prison staff caring for ill prisoners.
This gives Doctors, Nurses and Custodians more time in which to give hands-on care where & when it's needed most – and better data with which to plan future care. We help staff prevent injuries and improve healthcare. As one medical director remarked, “Your technology will change the practice of medicine.”
2018 was a stellar year. We obtained our world-first medical device certification (contact free pulse and breathing rate with an optical sensor) and grew deployments by 10x, were ranked as one of the UK’s 100 fastest growing private companies and were cited by the CQC as an example of outstanding practice.
We’ve kept up momentum in 2019. We are commercially operating in the UK & Sweden, were selected for UK Tech Nation’s Upscale programme, were invited to No. 10 Downing Street, and just won Best HealthTech at the prestigious HSJ awards. We are now contracted to c.20% of English Mental Health Trusts.
You’ll be joining a well-backed UK business at the start of scaling up its operations around the world; these roles don’t come around often!
If you're interested, send a cover letter and CV to: email@example.com
Reference ID: OXE_OCO19