|Date Posted||27th June 2019|
|Never Expire||Never Expire|
ABOUT THE ROLE
We’re looking for a Ruby on Rails developer who is used to developing systems on back-end tools and programming languages.
We work on web apps, single page applications and rich interactivity in a forward-thinking Agile development environment with the latest technologies and processes (making sure we use the right tool for the job), and we’re looking for a talented Senior Ruby Developer to join us.
We work in a Ruby environment, so we’re looking for someone who has an excellent understanding of Ruby on Rails. You’ll have 2+ years of commercial experience, working in projects on back end and you’ll be passionate about using and extending your skills across the whole development platform.
Your personality is important to us too. You’ll be professional, assertive and well-organised with the ability to prioritise, delegate and multi-task under pressure, because we have multiple projects going through the development team at any one time. A sense of humour and a sense of perspective would be hugely beneficial too. As would a love of cake.
Flexibility is important to us, with daily Skype ‘stand-ups’ and great communication, this would role require at least 3 days per week in the studio.
- An excellent understanding of Ruby on Rails, Linux, Heroku, AWS and associated back end tools and technologies
- Proven experience of testing approaches and tools like RSpec and Cucumber
- A strong understanding of mobile web development, debugging and optimisation (Native app development an advantage)
- Experience working within an Agile environment
- Solid experience of Git for version control
- A good understanding of Photoshop, IIlustrator and the Adobe Creative Suite applications
- An excellent understanding of database technologies, object-orientated programming and design patterns (PostGreSQL a distinct advantage)
- Conscientious and team focused, happy with peer review and pair programming.
We are a digital content agency. We make anything that moves (web apps, websites, e-learning, film, animation) and a few things that don’t (print and the occasional board game). We work on a wide range of innovative
and challenging projects for some brilliant clients (InterContinental Hotels Group, BMW, Vodafone, MINI, BBC Worldwide, Arriva, McLaren, Santander) all of whom we love working with. We are happiest of all when our clients come back to us for more, which they do, regularly.
We ‘live’ in a beautiful converted barn in Oxfordshire with a fabulous coffee machine and alongside the constant flow of chocolate bars and fruit, we enjoy cake o’clock at 4pm on Fridays and regular barbecue/pizza/cheese lunches! There are 25 of us ‘Juicers’ as we like to be called and work closely together, so experience of working within a similar production/agency background would be beneficial.
We are proud to offer proper salaries and excellent benefits including employers contributory pension, travel insurance and private health insurance.
Private travel insurance for you and your family
A much better than average Employer's contributory pension
25 days holiday + Bank Holidays
Endless amount of fresh fruit, healthy snacks (and not so healthy if that's your wish), tea and coffee
Plenty of fresh air!