|Date Posted||17th June 2019|
We currently have an exciting opportunity for an experienced Senior Developer to join our team in Oxford (7-month FTC).
We are looking for a Senior Developer to join our Oxford team on an interim basis to work on an exciting new project. The Senior Developer will be working with the Lead Developer and Head of Production to build: a process to convert Flash educational content to HTML; an Adobe Animate extension to allow our editorial team to easily edit and publish HTML content from Animate; and a web application to run the HTML content on our educational website, Doddlelearn.co.uk. The Senior Developer will need to pay special attention to the usability of Animate tools for editorial users, and fidelity of the HTML published output to the Flash source file.
The role offers the ability to influence the direction of project, to work alongside end users to create easy-to-use tools and contribute their input into design and see through a large-scale conversion project to completion.
Who are we?
GL Assessment is the leading provider of formative assessments to UK schools, as well as providing assessments for overseas ministries and British, bilingual and international schools in over 100 countries worldwide. Our Oxford office; Boardworks forms part of the GL Assessment group which focusses on delivering high quality education resources that cover UK, US and international curricula and are a good fit for current classroom practices. Our development team is currently working on converting a large repository of Flash-based educational materials to HTML. The ideal candidate should be up for the challenges that Flash poses and be able to think of creative solutions that will help drive the project forward.
- Collaborate with Editorial and Development teams to identify the feature set necessary for each type of Flash content and identify a conversion solution using the relevant technologies.
- Be responsibile for the conversion process for a range of an Interactive educational content.
- Work closely with other members of the development team to ensure consistent approach to conversion across all content, and to share ideas and knowledge.
What are we looking for?
- Previous experience with: TypeScript, Angular 7, RxJS,
- Ability to conform to established in-house coding conventions.
- Experience delivering complex projects on strict timelines.
- At least 3 years’ experience software development experience.
- Experience working collaboratively within a small team of developers and communicating with non-development individuals.
- Experience working in an Agile environment.
- Well organised and thrives in a fast-paced project.
- Able to take initiative, offering effective solutions to problems.
- A confident and clear communicator willing to take initiative and contribute ideas to improve the project.
- Ability to work as part of a diverse team and communicate with individuals from both technical and non-technical backgrounds.
Hours: Full time, 37.5 hours per week
- Access to a benefits and discount platform with access to 1000’s of discounts at retailers, leisure attractions and restaurants (GLEe provided by Reward Gateway)
- BUPA Healthcare, Life assurance
- Weekly fruit platters, parking facilities
- Pension scheme with enhanced employer contributions
- Season ticket loan, childcare assistance/ vouchers
- Generous Annual Leave (including a day off for your birthday)
To apply please send in your CV and cover letter explaining why you are interested, why we should meet you and your salary expectations to firstname.lastname@example.org