|Date Posted||2nd August 2019|
We have been a leading figure in publishing for more than 500 years. We have always been a forward-looking organization, maximizing the technology for the day, but the digital revolution is bringing enormous change, fast. That same spirit of adventure and entrepreneurialism is critical to our future success. In a fast changing publishing landscape, OUP welcomes the inquisitive, the inventive, and the ambitious; people who challenge the conventional, and pioneer the possible.
The UK Education (ED-UK) arm of the Oxford Education division publishes print and digital products for the UK Schools market and schools teaching in English globally. The Platforms & Content Operations team (part of the OE PDT) is responsible for platform management, technical support, and content operations for ED-UK.
ABOUT THE ROLE
We are looking for a Senior Platform Manager to manage our digital platform(s) as valuable assets which contribute to the success of customer-facing products using the platform(s). The successful candidate will take a collaborative approach to lead on platform strategy and development to meet business objectives and user needs.
ABOUT THE ROLE
THE SUCCESSFUL CANDIDATE WILL…
- Be responsible for devising platform strategy based on stakeholder objectives, forecasting and vision to ensure delivery according to business value and capabilities.
- Create and update platform development roadmap(s), gathering input from relevant stakeholders and prioritising accordingly. Determine success factors, track metrics and analyse results to ensure benefits are realised and to feed into planning cycles.
- Deliver engaging user experiences via development and enhancements of the platform.
- Collaborate with internal teams to align platforms with preferred technologies, to ensure architectural integrity of the platform(s).
- Work closely with internal teams and external suppliers and ensure positive relationships are cultivated.
- Analyse, model, document, and maintain relevant platform information, workflows and end-to-end business processes to support business users and business continuity, including knowledge transfer for new functionality.
You will have:
- Experience working with online customer-facing services
- Experience in testing/QA, user testing, data analysis, UX tools and methodologies
- Proven ability to write software requirements
- Understanding of software development lifecycle methodologies
- Experience managing project delivery and budgets
- Experience managing suppliers, both external and internal
- Excellent communications skills and ability to build influence with stakeholders at all levels
Salary depending on skills and experience.
We care about work/life balance here at OUP; with this in mind we offer 25 days’ holiday (plus bank holidays), and a 35-hour working week, along with the flexibility to start and finish late or early as required.
Our pension contribution is up to 11%.
Wellbeing is really important to us so we also have a wide range of facilities including: a canteen that serves a wide variety of healthy and delicious meals, a subsidized onsite gym and subsidized coffee shops.
We believe that the skills you bring to OUP are just a starting point. We want you to have the opportunity to expand your abilities, and to innovate and develop in areas which both interest you, and support your aspirations.
For any queries in relation to this vacancy, please contact email@example.com
We are committed to supporting diversity in our workforce, and ensuring an inclusive environment where all individuals can thrive. We seek to employ a workforce representative of the markets that we serve and encourage applications from all.