|Date Posted||20th September 2019|
We are seeking a highly talented Senior UI Developer to work within Ridgeway’s User Experience Team. The ideal candidate must have a detailed understanding of modern web technologies, a desire to provide mentorship to teammates and a willingness to work in a collaborative and open environment.
About the role
As Senior UI Developer, it will be your responsibility to maintain the high development quality that we aspire to with every project by researching and integrating new technologies and processes, whilst also contributing to the development of less experienced members of the team. Working within a team of UX Architects, Designers, and UI Developers, you will be responsible for building the UI experiences for a variety of well-known brands. The role will require the candidate to work on projects which vary in size from a few days to several months, and will involve working through the entire lifecycle of web application development.
- Day-to-day UI development of web products for numerous brands across a variety of sectors
- Own processes, procedures, and technical approaches for the UI Team
- Mentor and support other members of the team
- Assist the team with scoping, requirements capture and time estimates
- Assist with the preparation of functional and technical specification documents
- Provide solution support and communicate directly with clients
- Attend client meetings when required
Essential Skills and Experience
- 5 or more years of experience leading projects in an agency environment
- Have a portfolio of web site development work which demonstrates your experience
- Have experience working as technical lead on commercially focused web development projects, and demonstrate an ability to communicate directly with clients
- Ability to manage own time and workload
- Experience structuring large-scale front-end codebases
- Have fastidious attention to detail
- Be organised, self-motivated and ambitious with a desire to lead a team of talented developers
- Have a passion for driving technology forward
- Have experience with front-end build tools (e.g. Gulp, Grunt, Webpack)
- Have experience working with pattern libraries
- Have an understanding of SEO best practice
- Have experience working with Git
- Possess detailed knowledge of web performance and optimisation best practices, and experience identifying existing performance issues
Desirable Skills and Experience
- Experience working with .Net
- Have experience with Sketch/Photoshop/Illustrator in order to effectively assess designs
- Experience with CSS pre-processors
- Experience developing to accessibility standards
- Experience integrating with and defining REST APIs
- Good knowledge of UX, design, SEO, and source control
- Detailed understanding of design and usability heuristics
We offer a competitive salary which is subject to skills and experience. Please state your salary requirements upon application.
This is a full time role within our Witney studio in Oxfordshire.
We are an equal opportunities employer, and strongly support diversity in our team.
We only accept direct applications and request agencies are respectful of this
You can find out more about working for Ridgeway and apply via our website: https://www.ridgeway.com/careers/senior-ui-developer