|Date Posted||27th February 2020|
|Never Expire||Never Expire|
We are a growing and highly ambitious digital marketing agency looking for an content-focused digital marketer to join our team.
This is a new role within the agency and as such will allow you to have direct input into how we operate. This is the perfect role someone looking to move out of freelancing back into an office environment, or someone in an in-house or agency role who is looking for more freedom and a fresh challenge.
As our content marketing expert, primarily you will be responsible for the design and execution of content strategies for our clients. This will cover every aspect of digital content creation; including keyword research, strategy creation, content ideation, managing the content creation process with our team of writers/designers and liaising with clients to get the content live.
Our clients vary in size and industry (includes, sport, travel, luxury goods, and SaaS) and you will need to be able to quickly gain an understanding of their business, needs, and markets.
In addition, we will give you the freedom and support to improve our processes to keep our content services at the forefront of the market.
- Content strategy – Development of effective content strategies which are backed up with relevant data
- Content ideation – Creation of interesting ideas and novel approaches to take our content strategies to the next level
- Monthly reporting – Feeding back on the content created and its impact to clients
- Freelancer management & editing – You will manage our existing freelance writers and edit their content to ensure it meets our needs and the client’s requirements
- Client meetings – When required, you will attend client meetings with the project lead to discuss content requirements and feedback
- Personal development – Working with your manager and the wider team, you will help develop your own development and training plan
- Agency improvement – As with every member of the team, you will be supported to take the lead in developing our approach in your specialty, as well as having an active role in improving other areas of the agency
- Ideally, at least one year of SEO experience in an agency or two years in-house
- Someone looking for a career
- Google Analytics qualified (an advantage but not essential)
- High level of written English
- Ability to think creatively and come up with novel approaches
- An extremely high level of attention to detail
- High standards and the desire to produce something we can be proud of
- Time and project management skills, with the ability to question and push back when required
- Ability to quickly pick up new topic areas, concepts and styles
- Ability and confidence to present ideas and concepts in meetings
- Someone who wants to be social and fits with the people already here
- Based/willing to work in Oxford
Would suit someone that
- Is driven/motivated/wants to be best
- Is looking to make an impact
- Wants to shape their job
- Cares about their clients
- Is honest
- Is bright
Common Ground was formed by Dan & Matt, both highly experienced and driven digital marketers and business people. As a company, we are committed to delivering exceptional results for our clients, constantly evolving and improving our approach, and supporting our team to develop and grow.
Our client mix which ranges from small local businesses to large multinational household brands. We recruit clients we are excited to work with, who are willing to work closely with us and listen to our advice, and for who we firmly believe we can make a difference to their business. We do not chase every client opportunity presented to us.
Common Ground won’t suit everyone, we are very passionate about what we deliver, how we do it and constant improvement. However, it is the perfect place for people who want to be supported to step out of their comfort zone and be better today than they were yesterday.
- A will to win - A passion for being the best at what we do, building a successful business to outperform other agencies
- Achieve exceptional client results - To consistently exceed our client expectations and redefine what they believe is possible
- Be better today than yesterday - Never standing still, continually improving through constant testing and learning
- Believe in us - Having a passion and belief in what we are doing for our clients and team
- Personal & professional accountability - Providing an environment for success and self-preservation through team accountability - Everyone can have an Impact
- Education - Not only do we conduct the work that we say we will, but we educate our clients as to why we are doing it and the benefits that it has
- Competitive salary (DOE)
- Flexible working hours including the opportunity for some remote working
- Bonuses linked to company performance
- Company pension
- Minimum of 25 days holiday
- Development and training
- Attendance of at least one conference a year (usually BrightonSEO)
- Regular company lunches
- Christmas & summer parties
- Christmas present
- The ability to shape the place you work and your role
- Interesting clients, including well-known brands
- A team of people who care about digital and hands-on owners who want you to succeed
- Working for a company where personal development isn’t optional
- Choice of Mac or high spec laptop (currently a Dell XPS)
- Two external monitors, remote mouse and keyboard
- On-site parking