|Date Posted||15th April 2015|
|Never Expire||Never Expire|
Software Developer (Web front end)
STFC Rutherford Appleton Laboratory, Harwell, Oxfordshire
Up to £34,002 (dependent upon qualifications and experience)
You can develop software for anyone. But how about doing it at a world leading laboratory, where the software you build helps push back the frontiers of science and technology, shape societies and transform lives?
At the Science and Technology Facilities Council (STFC) we harness our world-leading expertise, facilities and resources to drive science and technology forward.
About The Role
We are now looking to recruit enthusiastic Software Developers to develop enterprise systems to support the business of science within STFC’S ISIS Division, a world leading centre for research in the physical and life sciences.
Successful candidates will be involved in all aspects of development throughout the project lifecycle, from initial requirement analysis through to maintenance.
Responsibilities will include:
- Working with colleagues to design, code, test and deploy software.
- Delivering significant software modules in an agile development environment.
- Working with customers as they try out and accept our applications.
- Providing support to customers around the world (internal and external).
- Preparing and delivering training to internal customers.
To be suitable for this role you should have a BSc (min 2.1) in a technology-related discipline, or significant relevant experience.
You will also demonstrate:
- Experience of web development including using frontend frameworks (e.g. AngularJS), RESTful web services, and frontend task runners and testing frameworks.
- Strong understanding of the theory underpinning object-oriented programming.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- The ability to work in a dynamic, agile team environment on several projects at once.
An excellent index linked pension scheme, 30 days leave allowance and flexi-time are offered. Full details of offered benefits can be found on STFC’s careers pages. A relocation allowance may also be available where applicable.
More Information & How to Apply
Visit our website for more information about the scientific research our software developers enable. If you have any questions/want an informal chat, please do not hesitate to get in touch.
You can apply online or just email your CV with a cover letter outlining your interest in the role to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please also state where you saw this role advertised.