|Date Posted||29th November 2019|
|Never Expire||Never Expire|
Come and work in the best software team in Oxford! *
We are looking for talented Software Engineers right here, to work closely with our product, design and support teams to develop compelling, usable products and to engineer robust technical service delivery infrastructure.
We are a sociable team with a family feel, right in the heart of Oxford itself - a stone's throw from the new Westgate Centre. We work hard and have fun whilst doing it. We have secure bike storage, use of nearby Gym facilities, newly refurbished, swanky office; kitchen area with all mod-cons. We even have a meeting room with fake grass - and a pool table!
Working under the guidance of the Head of Systems and the senior development team, you will have had experience of delivering a variety of software projects. Your ability to learn new systems, and quickly plug into an open, sharing team process will shine through in your resume. You will be passionate about software as well as the renewables sector and will be keen to use your coding to make lasting changes to climate change through lowering domestic energy consumption.
In short, we're looking for really solid engineers; constructive and thoughtful, with a smart, professional attitude and fantastic team skills. If this is all you, we'd really like to hear from you.
Our package is competitive and we are keen to hold out for and attract the best candidates. If you're looking for your next step, please get in touch.
Engineering Skills: Ideally you will have expertise in a number of different software technologies but we realise you may have particular strengths in some.
Collaboration Skills: You're a team player and love to collaborate. Your cross-discipline knowledge of software technology gives confidence to the rest of the team.
Communication Skills: You have strong verbal, written and visual presentation skills. You can clearly articulate the thinking behind your solution designs, work to a plan and communicate progress and estimates effectively. Your code will show this discipline and your documentation will be built to make other's lives easier!
- Professional attitude, smart appearance and hard working
- Comfortable sharing, working on a day-to-day basis with other full stack developers to deliver to deadlines
- Extensive experience in a number of relevant software technologies
- Desire to learn what you don't know and pass on what you do
- Focussed on the business goal - with an ability to take the pragmatic approach
Relevant skill areas
- Java 8+
- Python 3.7+
- Git / Git flow
- Linux, UNIX
- AWS; Lambda, EC2, DynamoDB Kinesis etc
- Mobile API integration; Mobile Hub, Amplify, Pinpoint
- iOS, Android
- React Native
- State management - Redux et. al.
- HTML5, CSS
- Styled components, sass, BEM
- Experience with RESTful architectures
- Understanding of DevOps disciplines
- AWS managed services
- Operational / DevOps mind-set with a knowledge of the world outside your code
- Enthusiasm for user-centric and human centred design
- Inspiring, articulate and communicative in your ability to champion decisions and carry forward compelling software solutions
- Personable, a team player with a love for collaborative, multidisciplinary projects
- Some familiarity with current mobile development frameworks; iOS, Android React & React Native
If you're interested please send your application to email@example.com
STRICTLY NO AGENCIES