|Date Posted||15th April 2019|
Ridgeway are seeking a Solutions Architect to lead and drive a technical team as well as define the functional scope and technical approach for ecommerce and CMS projects for high profile clients including HMV, Twinings, De Beers Group and Baking Mad.
About the role
The Solutions Architect is one half of a strong partnership with a Project Manager. In this role you will split your time between technical leadership and oversight, technical pre-sales support and small development tasks. The expected technical skillset is that of a senior-level developer (at least four years’ experience at this level), though typically a Solutions Architect will focus primarily on smaller development tasks to be able to better support the project team and Project Manager.
The role involves a range of skills and activities across the project lifecycle, including:
- Partner with a Project Manager to lead and mentor a team of developers within a Ridgeway Project Team
- Interpret project requirements and providing technically robust solutions in-line with Ridgeway’s project delivery approach
- Function as a cross-project consultant, providing advice and making autonomous decisions regarding technical approach
- Be an active participant in client workshops, specification writing, detailed effort estimation and collaboration with key teams to define the solution architecture
- Technical pre-sales and consultancy
Essential skills & experience
- Previously worked in a Solution / Technical Architect or Senior Developer role within an agency environment, for at least four years
- Extensive commercial experience of developing mobile-optimised ASP .Net CMS and ecommerce websites
- Demonstrable experience of technically leading such projects successfully to conclusion, on time/budget, to specification
- Previously defined and written detailed functional and technical specifications for medium and large-scale solutions (£200k+)
- Experience providing detailed task breakdowns and accurate estimation for the technical areas of website delivery
- Organised, self-motivated and ambitious with a desire to lead a team of talented developers to create cutting edge websites
- Excellent communication, consulting and client-facing skills, interfacing with both technical and non-technically focused clients
Desirable skills & experience
- Familiarity with the Kentico CMS platform, or another enterprise CMS such as Sitecore or EPiServer
- Experience scoping and integrating with 3rd party platforms, e.g. ERP, CRM, PSPs
- Demonstrate experience of using version control systems e.g. Git.
- Good awareness of UI Responsive development approaches, and a good understanding of various internet standards
- High-level understanding of Windows Server and hosting environment aspects such as security, caching and CDN’s
A rewarding place to work
A few added extras to boost your career and make life just that bit better.
- 25 days annual holiday increasing to 30 days with length of service plus bank holidays
- Contributory company pension scheme
- Ride To Work scheme and gym discounts
- Sonos sound system and shared Spotify playlist
- Excellent location with Witney town centre and the Cotswold countryside on the doorstep
- Scope to attend industry events including Kentico Connection, jQuery UK, Smashing, etc
- Break out area complete with Xbox, Wii, comfy sofa and TV
- Regular cake, fresh fruit, good coffee and beer on Fridays!
You can find out more about working as a Developer for Ridgeway on our website https://www.ridgeway.com/being-a-ridgeway-developer
You can also apply online here: https://www.ridgeway.com/careers/solutions-architect