|Date Posted||1st October 2015|
|Never Expire||Never Expire|
Venture Harbour is looking for a talented and experienced UI Designer / Developer to take charge of our platforms and websites' design.
You will be responsible for improving the UI design of a handful of exciting projects, including a high-profile social trading platform, an analytics platform, a file security application, and several online tools. Day-to-day you will be involved in identifying key pages that, if redesigned, would improve engagement / conversions, and then designing Photoshop mockups to pass on to the development team.
The role will involve occasional national and international travel to meet and brainstorm with clients, but will predominantly be based in our rural Manor House office in Wallingford, Oxfordshire.
In addition to designing web-based UI, you will be required to:
- Design landing pages, product pages & lead generation forms
- Setup split tests to test the performance of your designs.
- Customise WordPress themes
- Design logos, product screenshots, ad banners, and other marketing materials for clients and ventures.
The ideal candidate
The ideal candidate will have experience designing interactive user interfaces and website landing pages, and should have experience in understanding conversion optimisation and user experience best practices.
You should have...
- A strong working knowledge of Photoshop, Illustrator, and other design tools
- A strong working knowledge of CMS platforms such as WordPress
- Exceptional design skills, with an attention to detail</li><li>Experience with user interface design methodologies
- An understanding of CRO principles and best practices
- A good ability to conceptualise optimal design variations
You will work with a small talented team led by award-winning entrepreneur and marketer, Marcus Taylor. This role offers many opportunities for personal and professional growth, as well as a range of perks, which you can learn about at https://www.ventureharbour.com/careers/.
As a key part of our small team, you will have the autonomy and creative control over your projects, as well as the freedom to experiment on our own portfolio of websites and ventures.
We will only consider applications from designers who are able to submit a portfolio of previous UI design work.
Job Type: Permanent
Start Date: Immediate
About Venture Harbour
We’re a small digital marketing company who build and grow online businesses. We love to experiment and are always testing ideas and building our own innovative projects, some of which have led to giving TED talks and getting coverage on major new sites like TechCrunch and The Huffington Post.
As well as growing our own portfolio of ventures, we also help companies grow their businesses online and have worked with lots of exciting companies ranging from Mixcloud and Universal Records to Johnnie Walker and Eurogamer.
We enjoy what we do and we like to think differently about how a business should be run.